compass 例文EN[ˈkʌm.pəs] [-ʌmpəs]
- 例文 compass
- within the compass of an encircling wall
- So the circuit or compass of Ireland is 1,800 miles, which is 200 less than Caesar doth reckon or account.
- The regular 17-sided polygon (heptadecagon) can be constructed with the help of a compass and a ruler.
- Cutting circles out of pinewood is best done with a compass-style jig.
- The bag of food like a shiralee across his shoulders, the water container stuffed into the looseness of his shirt, the compass, not required for awhile yet, in his side pocket, and the rifle balanced in his hand.
- Indeed, the “very cleverness and spreadingness of murder” may have gathered her father within its compass [ … ] .
- While in the school-ships the boys would be instructed in the elements of an ordinary education, in addition to being taught to row, heave the lead, box the compass, go aloft, reef, steer, and work the guns.
- Carlyle circles have been used to develop ruler-and-compass constructions of regular polygons.
- A regular octadecagon cannot be constructed using a compass and straightedge.
- 例文 compasses
- In a severe gale like this, while the ship is but a tossed shuttlecock to the blast, it is by no means uncommon to see the needles in the compasses, at intervals, go round and round.
- to describe a circle by the compasses; a torch waved about the head in such a way as to describe a circle
- 例文 compassing
- compassing timbers
Examples of compass in a Sentence
- en compassion
- fr compassion
- en compassionate
- en compasse
- fr compasse